Rate Commentary – September 2011
- NOK 1.5 million (£180,000) dayrates were achieved this month for large anchor handlers although this did not last long.
- It was a consistent month for PSVs as availability remained tight and dayrates stayed at around £20-30,000 for larger units and £10-15,000 for smaller units.
- Quiet September across all sectors
- The end of the month saw a number of requirements and tenders so October should see increased activity
- Utilisation improving but rates remain flat
- Australia becoming increasingly busy, especially in the North West.
- A strengthening in market utilization and dayrates
- October 3, 2011 BOEMRE splits into two separate agencies – BOEM and BSEE
The Derrick Offshore Rate Commentary is delivered in its entirety to our subscribers. It covers the OSV markets in the North Sea, West Africa, Asia Pacific and the US Gulf and provides a detailed commentary on the events that have transpired over the previous month in each region. The extensive experience and knowledge at Derrick Offshore as well as our partners ensures that the monthly report provides a commentary that is all encompassing and gives our clients an up to date overview across all of these markets.
Other items that are provided in the full version include:
- Fleet summaries of the major offshore support owners
- Analysis of charter rates for PSVs and AHTS over the past 12 months
- Commentary on charter rate movements over the past month
- Outlook on expected charter rate movements over the coming months
- Major news items from the relevant regions
If you have any questions about the Rate Commentary or any other services that Derrick Offshore provide do not hesitate to contact us using the details below.
Dan Quarm or Ian Coates
Tel: +44(0)1483 538336